Learn more about basenjis and where to get one
If you want to learn more about basenjis or possibly getting a basenji puppy or and adult, we have provided a few resources on this page, including a e-book published by our club, our club’s breeder directory and some key websites.
Where to Get a Basenji
Casa Noble Basenjis15+ Years in Breed Nothing currently available.
Rafikis Basenjis25+ Years in Breed Occasional adults available.
Joy-Us Basenjis30+ Years in Breed Nothing currently available.
New World Basenjis25+ Years in Breed Adult male available in Washington state. Transport to Midwest possible. Contact for details. Litter planned Fall 2018.
Faded Rose Basenjis20+ Years in Breed Nothing currently available.
Ankhu Basenjis25+ Years in Breed Nothing currently available.
Sonbar Basenjis45+ Years in Breed Litter planned for Fall 2018.
Laura Mae Hesse
Laurel Basenjis45+ Years in Breed Two litters planned for fall/winter 2018.
Magic Paws Basenjis30+ Years in Breed
Suzanne La Croix, MS PhD
Bon Mot Basenjis25+ years in Breed Adults occasionally available to basenji-experienced homes
Sunrise BasenjisLitter planned for 2018
Adventureland Basenjis30+ Years in Breed No Longer Breeding
Our Basenji Book
Learn about the basenji’s unique characteristics & discover its many endearing charms . This is for the new or prospective owner & gives insight on breed traits. Written to help promote your enjoyment of your basenji & enable you to avoid problems in training and care. Available at Amazon.com
Learn About Basenjis
- The AKC “Basenji” pages give you one stop shopping for all of your questions about basenjis.
- A description of what a basenji should look like, how it should move and behave.
- Visit the Basenji University to learn all about basenjis from the national experts!
- The UKC is an international dog registry. It sanctions dog shows and performance events.
Look Up Pedigrees & Health Information
- The basenji is a generally healthy breed with only a few signficant hereditary diseases of concern. This statement by the AKC parent club provides an overview of the heriditary conditions that you should be aware of and ask about when getting a basenji.
- On the OFA website, you can find information and test kits (e.g. fanconi syndrome) for health testing specific to basenjis as well as look up results for specific basenjis.
- Look up the pedigree of almost any basenji registered with a kennel club